When you have a snow plow system that doesn’t work properly, you can’t push snow. If you can’t push snow, you can’t make money. Unfortunately, even a plow that’s in perfect working order can’t serve you well if the vehicle it’s attached to isn’t properly maintained.
So, to help you get your vehicle ready for winter, make sure you’ve checked everything off the Vehicle Prep Checklist below.
Vehicle Prep Checklist
- Change oil.
- Change oil filter.
- Change air filter.
- Flush and refill transmission fluid.
- Lubricate the chassis.
- Refill antifreeze fluid.
- Refill windshield washer fluid.
- Inflate tires to proper pressure.
- Rotate tires.
- Change spark plugs.
- Flush and refill radiator fluid.
- Tighten hose clamps.
- Flush and refill brake fluid.
- Clean battery terminals.
- Check battery power and replace if needed.
- Check all belts and hoses and replace if needed.
- Check the fuel filter and replace if needed.
- Check u-joints and replace if needed.
- Check wheel bearings and replace if needed.
- Check brakes and replace if needed.
- Check your PCV Valve and replace if needed.
- Check exhaust system for rust and replace if needed.
- Check and replace transfer case if needed (4x4 vehicles)
- Check cup holders to ensure they will hold your coffee and Red Bull.
If you follow these steps, you’ll have a smoother ride and more productive season. If you have additional vehicle preparation tips, leave a comment below!
And because you need to plow to work as well as your vehicle this winter, check out our Plow Prep Checklist post to ensure you can be out there when the snow starts flying.